Monday 25 November 2013

A farewell to art

I'm a bit sad as I cleared my art studio over the weekend. I've decided to give it up as I've not got as much time to go there as I once had and, besides, the building is likely to be knocked down very soon as the massive tide of development that's sweeping out from central London hits it. You wouldn't believe how much building there is going on. If you're a crane builder you must be cashing in big time.

Anyway, I will still paint at home and do a few more portraits of TGirls. My plans for an exhibition of such pictures has never really got off the ground yet, but who knows.

It's sad to leave, but there you go. The art world is very accepting of people who are a bit different like me, so it's been a good experience. I may find somewhere else but for now I need to concentrate on other things, like work that pays!


Old-fashioned selfie
Sue x

4 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about you closing shop. i hope you continue to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once a painter, always a painter..... or that once trans? I forget. Whatever, good luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that, Sue, but the talent doesn't go ... I follow two TG artists ... you and that Perry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments and don't worry, I won't be giving up, it's just that it's no longer practical at the moment to have a separate venue for arty stuff. When I'm as rich and famous as that Grayson Perry I might reconsider! Sue x

    ReplyDelete